Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2005

My Shelf


Today was a good day. I made a shelf to hold my router. I needed to have the signal go to the other side of the house and it wasn't doing it so by putting it on the shelf and aiming the antennas through the kitchen windows made it work. I wasn't too happy with the way the shelf look with the wires exposed down the wall so I improvised. I took a painting on mat board that a fellow painter painted for me. I iron some wonder under behind some pretty fabric and ironed it onto the painting to look like it was matted. Then I velcroed it to the wall to hide the wires. On the front of the brace for the shelf, I ironed fabric on cardboard and velcroed that to the brace. I used some thanksgiving fabric for the season. I then hung some cute things there. I could still see some wire on the top of the shelf behind the router so I put one one my painted wooden heads and a ceramic rooster I had painted some time ago. I like it now.

No comments: