Sunday, December 07, 2008
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Here is the Forest Fairy #1. She is the same dimentions as above. Her head is all cloth, painted with fabric paint. She is a soft wire, so she is limited in the posing department....I like my faries or dolls a bit on the solid side. I do like the skinny ones but I always tend to fatten them up a bit. This pattern is still in the testing stages. I am working on the third test now and will post her tomorrow or tonight.
I also like to put all sorts of fabic to gether to create one of a kind.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Here is the back view.
Side view. I made her dress and underwear out of my painted fabric. Then I took a silk rose apart and glued the petals on her dress. I used the bigger leaves for her wings. Then I put glitter on the petals, shoes and wings. The face is painted with acrylic. The arms and legs are wired.
Another view of her back side, notice the high heels lol.
Another view of the front, I prefer bigger boobs lol.
Remember this little Pumpking Spirit Doll that I made for a group challenge? Well she won a 25.00 gift certificate which was promptly spent on more doll patterns.
Here is a back view.
The mouse is an old McCalls pattern, very articulated. She is made out of mole suede and craft velour and her tail and arms are wired. I didn't want to hide that cute body, so I made her a pinafore. She is whispering a secret to the cat...probably where the cheese is.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
For some reason the flash on the camera made the cheeks blotchy, they are not. Here is my guy in his gown and icelantic wool yarn hair. His face and hands are made out of craft velor and he is 22 ins. tall.
His body is made out of a sample of home decorating fabric which I love to work with. Here is a front view with his coat on.
Here is a back view with his hood on.
I still have to make his crazy quilt toy bag. which will be empty lol.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
She is wearing pantaloons and a half slip. Every inch of her is hand made.
The necklace is made out of green glass beads (sand blasted with color) and her ring is a yellow green stone with a copper wire band.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Here she is with her shoes and socks. I make the shoes out of some of my painted fabric and the socks out of some old T-shirt scraps that I saved from my last t-shirt quilt.
Here is is in her underwear.
And here is what she looked like before she got all rouged up and half dressed lol.
And here is her final stage of underwear. Slip and her cat. Tomorrow, the dress.
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Then I collaged her with my painted fabrics. Doll front.
This is the back.
Here is a close up of the body. First I made an armature and then I totally covered and stuffed her. Then I collaged her with my painted fabrics.
Close-up of the back of left arm. I did her entire body in DecoAmerican products. Fashion Beadz, Fashion Beadz Writer, Craft Twinkles, Craft Twinkles Writer. Glamour Dust.
I made patches of jewelry and had to wait 24 hours for those to dry, then I adhered them to different parts of her with glue.
Close of top back.
Full vies of legs back.
Right side view.
And the feet.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
After I put her together, I made her a tie on -skirt and tie- on sleeves, this way I can change her attire if I want to. I then painted leaves and vines down her head legs and arms. I added glitter to her eyes and hot shots paint to her cheeks. I used glitter writers to make extra vines and to add more glitz.
I have her sprawled here so you can see her entire body ,while she is drying.
Here is a close-up of her face.
Here is a close-up of her arms.
All products I used were from the DecoAmericana Paint line.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
He has done such a beautiful job.
Anytime I look at it I just keep looking at it.
I wanted a nice round head, so I have been drafting dolls heads in muslin and then sewing them together and stuffing them for the last two days now. I made 5 doll heads lol. Well when I got to this head, I liked it good enough and I decided on the body. The size of the body is measured by the size of the head, so this doll should be about 7 times the lenght of the head. Well it's not going to happen. The head is 5 1/2 inches so the body should be between 38 to 40 inches tall. She looks good at 31 1/2 inches tall, nice.
I really had to jury rig around with this doll as the head was already stuffed and far be it for me to unstuff anything. I did up the body, attached the stuffed legs and arms. Stuffed the body. Then I made a square breast plate? out of muslin and batting, cut a hole in the middle, whipped stitched the head in. Then I ripped open the top part of the body and inserted the head and whipped that into place. Then I sewed down the breast plate firmly. The breast plate came out nice, considering I did it freehand. When I sewed up the sides, it made a nice covering sleeve over the arms.
I will tape her up today and gesso her entire head, forearms and forelegs (is that the correct way to say it?) Well the bottom half of her arms and legs. I have used a brown gell pen to sketch in her features to get a sense of what I want. I like huge eyes.
I will dress her in civil war fabrics and will try not to make her smile too much so she can remain in that catagory of old time dolls. Even though she is new and clean and not a tear on her lol.
Here she is in all her glory. I love her little tummy, oh she has a nice bottom too. I haven't decided if I'm going to paint her shoes on or make them out of suede......
Monday, September 08, 2008
She's sorta skinny, big feet and omg, the ears. Oh well I got her together and this was the first pass, no shoes yet.
I hated her head, her face and her ears, so I lopped off her head and her ears hahahahahhaaha.
Here is another view with a purple ribbon.