Pages

Monday, October 22, 2007

Wheeeeee!!! finally!! All the compass blocks are done. I have been working on this for a long time, well of and on. Anyway, I have the blocks (compass) and spikes set up on the board in the order they are going to go into the quilt.



I will probably change the blocks around for color and value placement later. Now I need to work on the background. The background consists of 1 1/2 inch strips sewed together foundation stlye and then the background blocks get cut out of those. I need to stay very dark.



Imagine the circles as in quarters. Then add the pie shape and back piece for the square. Then join all four together and you have the circle within the square, which is the background.



I just put the circles together as I didn't know what else to do. The instruction were very poor. Now I know lol.



I won't have to take the compass all apart. I'll just rip the seam a bit and put the background pieces in. I'm real good with alterations lol, thank goodness.






No comments: