Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

UPDATE: I have finished the clothing for the Maggies, except for the bonnets. I will make those out of buckram. The clothes are sooo cute. I really love these dolls and it will be hard to part with one but I must.
Here is the underwear:
Here are the dresses:

I sprayed them with a matt varnish and put them in the parlor to cure for a couple days before stringing them up and dressing them.

I am dying to make a bigger one. I will make a life size Maggy, I just decided that. One would think that I really like this doll wouldn't they?

For full instructions and complete pattern to make this doll, get it here: shawstein@aol.com

5 comments:

Karen said...

Rosy,
I just love these dolls!! You make so many different styles of dolls and they are always adorable!!

Unknown said...

Okay Rosy....here you are trail blazing once again! Of course, I have never heard of this doll, but she is gorgeous and maybe that is because YOU made her...heheheh. So I guess that I will contact the aol email and see if I can get a pattern. I love the "Penny Doll" pattern and have made three 33 inchers so far.... I like the pattern so much that I plan to make more of them, but I will be adding ears and spreading out the fingers! Thank you very much for sharing your creativity! One day, I know that you will go for it and go on and make some patterns of your very own....really thinking that you may have to make a pattern to make this doll life sized...teeheehee.... Is there a way to follow your blog...didn't see it; will go back and look again as I would like to keep abreast of the ongoings on your blog...just don't forget to post for us folks who just wait to see what you are up to!
hugz
Pam

Rosy said...

Okkkk, I have added an atom or site feed on the side bar...dont' ask me how I did it, I just did lol...

Rosy said...

Thank you Karen, I do like to make different dolls. This is the first time I made two of a kind but that is only because one is going to an auction to raise money...

Rosy said...

Dawn lol, you are so funny. Do get the Maggy Bessie pattern, It is an experience. I will be posting the finished dolls soon.

I have made one orginal so far but no pattern...she is somewhere here and I have all the steps to her too...

I have made two Penny's. One of each size. The biggy is still naked and the other one is in the challenge...