Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL.

It's good to be back to blogging and New Year's Eve is a great time to start.

I started to sew again the day after Christmas. I decided to sew the scraps. You know? The scraps you save from sewing all those quits? Yeh, I save mine in a large plastic drawer. It's called, making new fabric out of old lol. I put a big sheet on the bed and dumped all the saved scraps on it, what a mess...





Next, I set up the ironing board and just started pressing a bunch of anything, no plan or nothing.




Then I just started to sew any which way. Here is a piece...



And here is another piece...




Here is a bunch of scraps sewed together. They are a bit crooked but I'm going to cut it into strips anyway and put the strips around a large picture block, which I will show you later.



Ok here is the picture block...I am going to build a quilt around this block...so I have to use more than just the crazy strips..



This is the companion fabric. I'm making this quilt for my son. He always like those gambling dogs. lol





No comments: