Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Underground Railroad, all done

I have finished the quilt finally. It turned out to be 85x103, more or less. I used all joined plaid for the backing. I am not buying any fabric for a long time, so I am using what I have, besides I like a patchy backing, makes it cozy. I also used two different plaids for the binding which is about one inch wide.



Here it is on the bed.



Here it is hanging on the design wall. It is  way too big for the wall.



Here is the back.



A closer view of the plaids.

I used a very nice soft poly batting as I want the quilt to be soft and cozy.

2 comments:

Susie Wolfe said...

Rosy,
It is just gorgeous. You are the same as ever ..... don't let any grass grow under your feet! I do admire how you just work on it and get it done. Love your choices for shashing, binding and backing .... they make the quilt really cozy. You just want to wrap up in it. Congrats on another great project finished
Love,
Susie

Rosy said...

Thank you Susie, I wanted cozy lol. It washn't hard sticking to it to get it done. I loved working on it. Maybe because of what it represented, "freedom".