Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The UnderGround Railroad

I did four more blocks. This is "Cabin windows." A block to recall Plantation Housing.  Even tho I have the book. I use Block base and pull the patterns into EQ7 and print out paper pieced patterns. I can print on 11x17 paper. I delete parts I don't want or extra pages.



Christmas Star. A block to recall the Plantation Calendar.



Here are four blocks together. Lost Ships, a block to recall the Ocean Voyge.  Chained Star, Cabin Windows, Christmas Star.



Triple Link Chain. A block to recall family ties.



I love this block. I pulled the pattern into EQ and made a paper pieced patt with it and it went together so smooth. I can see this block made with all scraps for a whole quilt.

I only printed out the first quarter of this block as you only need a quarter of it to make all four sides. I deleted the extra pages and the extra pattern pieces.

I don't even do freezer paper. I print right on plain cheap paper and just pin my fabric pieces and use just  like  freezer paper.

On to more blocks, see you tomorrow.

2 comments:

JoLynn Self said...

Rosey,

I am trying to find a pattern for"

Rocky Road to Kansas" with the center not cut into fours and I have only seen you do the same thing I am wanting to do. Could you please help me with my pattern so I don't have to cut the ceneter into fours? Love your quilt.

Thanks,
JoLynn Self
jandjself@1starnet.com

JoLynn Self said...

Rosey,

I am trying to find a pattern for"

Rocky Road to Kansas" with the center not cut into fours and I have only seen you do the same thing I am wanting to do. Could you please help me with my pattern so I don't have to cut the ceneter into fours? Love your quilt.

Thanks,
JoLynn Self
jandjself@1starnet.com