Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Glazing The Door

I use about 1 cup of commercial glaze (faux finish at home depot) and added just enough orange acrylic paint to get a tint. I then brushed it on the door in the same sequence as when I painted it. I let it dry about 20 minutes (while I glazed the door frame). I then mixed some burgundy acrylic with water to ink consistency and fly specked (dip the brush in mixture and flick the brush to get off excess paint and then flek on door) the entire door. Then the same with burnt sienna. Let dry, hang tomorrow...



Close up of fly specks...



Update on Triangle tango...this is the right side so far.



Close up of the top. I have no clue where the rest of the stuff goes hahahhaha...oh I'll go back to it soon and figure it out. I believe the other side is done the opposite so that there is no point. In other word, where the point is here at the bottom, it switches to the top on the other side and the shoulder becomes the bottom. So you have one chopped off side and one pointed side. It says to start in the back. I can't do that. So here is one front, now I'll knit another one just like it and make that one the back left. Then instead of following the instruction for the other side. I'll just repeat this same side only reversing (mirror image) and make two of those..One front and one back. Then figure out the sleeves..oh lord, these instructions are from hunger hahhahaha....

I found this real hot yarn at Joann's ...on sale, 2.19 I think. it's called crayon.



And that dark one besides the crayon ..here is a better pic...

No comments: