Pages

Friday, February 17, 2006

My Orange Cake. All the oranges in my yard were calling for an orange cake and I've been thinking about it so much lately so last night it happened. Now I have to totally control and ration myself.

3 sticks of butter, 1 box of brown suger (1pound), 6 eggs, 1 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice, 3 tabl of orange rind, 3 cups of sifted flour, 3 tabl of cointreau. 1 cup of orange juice and about 1 cup of chocolate chips/macadamia nuts mix. Also 1 cup of brown sugar extra for the sauce, 3 tbl cointreau.

Beat the suger and butter until kinda soft. Then keep adding the orange juice and beating until it's fluffy. Add the eggs, two at a time and beat slightly. Add the sifted flour and fold in, add grated rind and cointreau. Add the chips and fold in. Drop some chips all over the cake. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until done. I used an angel pan and line the bottom with wax paper and covered the top of the cake with foil loosely. Meanwhile cook the the rest of the brown suger and juice for 5 minutes, add the cointreau. After cake has cooled a bit, poke holes in the top and pour the sauce. Let it rest a bit. Turn the cake onto a plate and pour the other half of the sauce on the bottom, which will be the top of the cake. the cake comes out sorta like a pudding cake. Delicious!! This shows the top of the cake before I turned it over and still on the middle of the tube pan. After pouring the sauce on the bottom, you turn it back to this side. I didn't bother.

No comments: