Pages

Monday, April 30, 2007

I have just come back from spending six days in Paducha Kentucky. My friend Elaine and I went to the grand quilt fest. It was great! It was so crowded the first few days, one could hardly move and I didn't care for that too much...but all in all, we were there and made do. As we entered the Expo, we were greated by this wonderful crazy quilted horse by John Flyn. Isn't he grand?


I took many pics of the wonderful quilts but will show just a few of them. Here is one of a bull that is just magnificent.



Here is another wonderful quilt.




Another....




Another..










The whole town participates in the quilt fest. Here is a huge bull in the street with a quilt on his back lol.








We bought tons of fabric. Elinor Burnes had a huge tent sale at 4.00 per yard of over 6000 bolts of fabrics. We also visited her store. After we shopped Elinor four times we went to Handcocks twice and shopped their 4.00 special for the show and then did some major damage in the regular price stuff too. I think I spent about 800.00. One lady said she spent 4000.00.

We also went to Elinor's lecture. She was soooo funny.


Here is a pic of my bags of fabric and I laid some of them out for you to see....














It took me 5 days to make up my mind to buy this 48.99 pattern by Jaqueline de Jonge. I'm sure you've seen it. I bought it on the last day of shopping. I have to make this quilt.





I also visited the booth of Laura W and said hi. There she sat surrounded by her beautiful hand dyed fabrics.

No comments: