Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Colorful Quilt Block B

Block B. In the background you can see  how I have cut the pattern apart. Long snake strips that need lots of coffee breaks as I dont' eat chocolate (I try not to, don't buy it). Those are pp and I use the paper as I was too lazy to make freezer template. I didn't want to do all that tracing. I did trace the wedge for the star, as it's just one little wedge and you can make all eight wedges with one fp tracing.




The star is made and then ring going around the star is pp and the star set in. The two half rings above that are pp seperately after cutting them down the middle first and then joining when done. The the snakes are joined and added to the circle.

Here you can see the block turned on the right side of the fabric. This is the A block joined to the B block. Some seams are only sewed up to a certain point to accommodate the next block.

Now this is the wrong side of the frabric. You can see exactly how they fit on the map and you just continue from there. I could not do it without that map as it can sure get confusing. The 1/4 inch seam is so important here. You can see how everything falls into place.

Now on to Block C. I have it cut apart and haven't got a clue what goes where, so I will go to the map and refer and check my color wheel and start pp. It will probably take a few days to finish the C sections because there are several little half blocks to C. I will post the section as I go along.



1 comment:

Patty Ashworth said...

Wow!!!!! I love it so far! You have a great deal of determination! Keep going girl!